A few days ago, I was tagged by Jade at Jade M. Wong with a Free style writing challenge. Believe it or not, I have participated in this challenge before a while back and the topic given to me was interesting. So challenge accepted.
Here are the rules:
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘Word count =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
My topic is Green Eggs and Ham…
“Children, time for lunch!” Mama called from the kitchen. Immediately, the children ran down the stairs, squeezing and pushing each other. “No pushing!” Mama shouted from the entrance of the kitchen.
One by one, Mama’s twelve children arrived at the table. Not all the children are Mama’s. In fact, Mama only has one biological child, a son named Thomas. “Mama, what is this?” Thomas asked, staring at the meal. Every child at the table was staring at their meal with mouths ajar and curiosity.
“Green eggs and ham!” Mama proudly announced as a dozen pair of eyes looked up at her. “Come on children, dig in. It’s Dr. Seuss’s birthday and this is my new special recipe, one which I developed myself.”
All the children dug in and slowly, their faces of grimace and disgust turned into faces of delight and joy.
I wrote this with 1 minute and 54 seconds to spare. I hope I satisfied the prompt with this fun little tale.
As for nominations, I’ve thought about it and decided not to nominate anyone. So if anyone want to participate, you can just link your post back to mine.